Android 7.0 Nougat is now formally accessible for the Nexus 6P and 5X. The update is right now being filled in as an OTA just, however manufacturing plant pictures ought to arrive very soon. And today we get to show you How to Root Nexus 6P on Nougat 7.0 NRD90U OTA and Disable Forced Encryption all in one place.
Both Nexus 5X and Nexus 6P are getting Nougat update with manufacture number NRD90M. What’s more, fortunately, rooting NRD90M is as yet equivalent to it was on the designer see arrivals of Android N.
Notwithstanding, getting TWRP to work will be dubious once you install the Nougat OTA. It’s not because of Android Nougat update, yet the dm-verity check and constrained encryption on Nexus 6P that squares TWRP 3.0.2-0 from booting on your device.
Fortunately, however, regardless we have TWRP recovery rendition 18.104.22.168 for the Nexus 6P, using which you can sideload the SuperSU zip and get root access on Android Nougat 7.0 NRD90M update.
Instructions to Root Nexus 6P on Nougat 7.0 NRD90M
Download Super SU: Link
TWRP Recovery: Link
- Download TWRP recovery 3.0.2-2 from the link above and install it on your Nexus 6P
- Download and copy SuperSU compress file from the download link above to your Nexus 6P.
- Boot your Nexus 6P into TWRP recovery.
- Install/flash SuperSU zip using Install menu on TWRP.
- Once SuperSU zip is flashed effectively, you’ll get Reboot system choice, select it.
- Before rebooting, if TWRP requests that you install SuperSU, ensure you select “Don’t install SuperSU“.
There’s nothing more to it. To verify root access on your Nexus 6P running Android Nougat 7.0 NRD90M/U construct, download/install any root checker application from the Play Store.
Disable Force Encryption and dm-verity Check
When your Nexus 6P is rooted following the steps above, you can take a Titanium Backup of your Apps with information and copy it to the PC (or cloud) so you can arrange your device to cripple constrained encryption.
All your device information will be cleaned. Back-up essential files on your device before continuing with the steps beneath.
- Boot your Nexus 6P into recovery mode.
- Select Wipe from TWRP menu.
- Select Format Data, at that point type yes and hit the Go button on the console.
- This will disable forced encryption on your Nexus 6P running Nougat.
- Reboot into recovery to get to/information folder from TWRP. Select Reboot from TWRP menu » then select Recovery choice to reboot recovery.
- Since arranging information will likewise you to loos the Root. You have to flash SuperSU zip again to get root. Essentially connect your device to PC while in TWRP recovery, exchange the SuperSU compress you downloaded before to your device’s stockpiling and use TWRP’s install menu to flash the compressed file.
- Reboot phone.